Vail Photographer: Serving Colorado and Beyond
Hi there, I am Sierra Sturt and I absolutely love the true art form of photography. I sincerely relish in sharing people's stories and building relationships in the process. There is nothing more valuable to me than truly capturing a moment in time which you will look back on for forever. I want to help you tell your story, big or small, and I promise we will have fun doing it!
One of my main goals as a photographer is to ensure that my clients feel comfortable in front of me and my camera. However awkward or professional you are with the camera, I promise we will have a good time. If you are wondering what you are getting into when working with me, I am down to earth, outgoing, personable, sincere and honest. I make sure to pay attention to all of the details and have clear communication so you get the most out of your experience. I know choosing a photographer is a true investment, and I am more than thrilled about the opportunity to create lifelong memories with you.
If you are coming to the Vail area to get photos done, whether that be for your wedding, engagement or a family trip - you will not be disappointed. It is my absolute privilege to live in an area that has beauty at every single turn, and to be able to make a living capturing that beauty and people's love is my absolute passion. Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado are known for many things, such as the world class skiing, the amazing scenery, vibrant village atmosphere, culinary scene, luxurious accommodations, and the family friend atmosphere. It is truly one of the most special places to be, but there are many places off the beaten path that make for stunning photos too. Let a local take you around to find some of the greatest locations for photos, dining and everything in between!
It was easy to trust Sierra with my engagement as well as wedding photos! She went above and beyond both times but especially during our wedding weekend! Our pictures turned out stunning and I couldn’t be happier with them, they are literally perfect! I told Sierra what I wanted and what I was envisioning and she did exactly that! She truly captured memories that will last a life time!
— Katie & Parker
Sierra was great!! We had a pretty good idea of a lot of the combinations of people we wanted pictures of and with but Sierra took it to a whole different level. She was kind, patient, professional, flexible, knowledgeable and efficient. But most importantly, she is an excellent photographer and captures the special, unforgettable moments perfectly. When I look at the pictures they make me feel the same way I felt when she took them! All our friends and family felt the same about their experience!
— Shannon & Mike
We get so many compliments on the photos Sierra has taken of us. She is professional, personal, and wonderful to work with. Not only is she an expert behind the camera, but she's also excellent at making you feel comfortable in front of it. From start to finish, Sierra will capture moments you'll love forever.
— Sarah & Ryan
Sierra was an absolute pleasure to work with! We chose her for our wedding at Maroon Bells and what a great decision it was. She felt like an old friend, was so helpful, patient and made us feel so comfortable throughout the process. She provided sneak peaks of some amazing photos and the turn around time for the entire gallery was fast! Sierra truly captured our love on our magical day and we would absolutely work with her again.
— Nicole & Robin
We loved Sierra!! She was so fun and easy to work with and extremely professional. Our photos are beautiful! Sierra truly captured the “feel” of our wedding day. Our guests also loved her. She made everyone feel so comfortable and was a joy to have around. We recommend her very highly!
— Liza & Bernd
Sierra is such a talent! She perfectly captured our personalities in her photos. We had such a blast shooting with her and felt so comfortable… and the photos are stunning! I don’t know how I’ll ever choose which ones to have framed. Thank you Sierra!
— Isabella & Patrick
Sierra is great! Truly a great photographer that makes you feel comfortable and works with you. She listened to any of our concerns and was very flexible if we wanted to mix things up (location or pose wise). She got the photos to us in a very timely manner.
— Margaret & Maureen
Sierra was very helpful with planning a beautiful location to take photographs of our engagement. She made the experience easy, comfortable, and fun. And the best part- we got beautiful photos of such a special moment that will be so fun to look back on in years to come. Highly recommend Sierra!
— Jack & Abby
Sierra did a family shoot for my husband and our three pups, and let me tell you, she captured our little family perfectly. Sierra made us feel perfectly at ease with her and she got the most amazing photos of us! She knows how to give cues and posed us in the best ways. Turnaround time was so quick and our photos are truly timeless. We will definitely be using her again for all our future photo needs!
— Samantha & Robert
What sets Sierra Sturt Photo apart from other photographers?
- Style and Aesthetic: Sierra describes her style and aesthetic as authentic, timeless, true to color with an inspiration from film. Sierra loves keeping her shoots fun, light, and professional but with an element that feels artistic and colorful. When it comes to weddings, she would describe her style as fine art mixed with documentary. Sierra has a belief that luxury experiences don't have to be stiff and stuffy. We can give you an amazing result, while still having fun and being honest and lighthearted.
- Subject Matter: Sierra specializes in shooting weddings, engagements, couples and families. She loves to capture the candid moments. She has shot other subjects, but these are her favorite and the ones she enjoys the most.
- Approach: Sierra focuses on conveying storytelling through her work, providing candid photos that truly show the love between the people she is shooting. She gives a classic experience, but is also willing to push boundaries of traditional techniques to experiment with new approaches to her photos. She is always evolving from one photoshoot to the next!
- Impact and Emotion: Sierra's photos evoke strong emotions and make a lasting impact. You can feel the love and emotion just by looking at her photos, and that is what she is hoping for.
- Location: Sierra is a photographer based in Vail, Colorado - so she knows Eagle County and the entire valley very, very well. Eloping or getting married with a local as your photographer will only serve you by giving you the unknown spots and the best experience. This doesn't mean Sierra doesn't travel - she has traveled to Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Denver, and other states for weddings and portrait sessions.
- Experience: Sierra truly cares about providing an experience to her clients. She will provide quality conversation and a relaxing experience in an environment that doesn't feel natural to many people. Sierra is someone you can depend on and rely on, whether that be during family photos or on a huge day like your wedding day!
How long does it typically take for you to edit and deliver the final photos?
For family sessions, 2-3 weeks, For engagement sessions, 3-4 weeks, for weddings and elopements, 4-6 weeks!
Do you ever provide custom quotes?
Of course! If you send me an inquiry, I am happy to send you my pricing guide. If your needs are something different, I am more than happy to come up with a custom quote!
Where are you located and do you travel?
I am currently based in Vail, Colorado but love to travel. I am happy to meet you wherever your big day is!
How do we get our photos back?
I use a software called Pixieset, which will send a link right to your email. In that link you can download all photos directly to your desktop. On this same link you can buy photos from your gallery, and continuously come back here for photo storage up to a year after your wedding!
We feel incredibly awkward in front of a camera....
That is no problem at all. I think unless you are a model by profession, someone else taking pictures of you is super uncomfortable. I pride myself in making the people in front of my camera feel comfortable and at ease...and hopefully laughing and having fun! I promise the photos are worth it.
Can we meet you before our wedding or session?
I am more than happy to jump on a phone call, zoom call or if you are in the area, I am happy to meet up with you in person (within the Vail Valley).
What is your photography style?
As far as wedding goes, I would describe my style as candid, documentary and fine art. For getting ready, cocktail hour, and the reception: candid, for the ceremony: documentary, and for the portraits, fine art.
Will you work with us to create a shot list or timeline for the day?
Absolutely. I do ask my couples to come up with a family shot list, but everything else we will work together on, and if you have a planner, I will work closely with them as well!
Sierra Sturt, Vail Wedding Photographer
Why get photos taken by a local Vail Photographer?
Choosing someone who is a local and knows the ins and outs of an area is great for many, many reasons. As a Vail photographer who specifically lives in Vail, I know the best locations to get those epic mountain views you are wanting. I also know how to suggest many different restaurants, cafes, experiences and scenic drives around the area. I am always happy to help you plan your trip, your excursion and most importantly...your photoshoot.